Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
When you’re an Online Engineer at Ubisoft Osaka, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain backend game services
- Integrate backend game services into game client and servers
- Develop systems for deploying, patching and maintaining game servers running in cloud-hosted environment
- Coordinate with backend service providers to configure and maintain network-based resources
- Document systems and procedures
- Support the live operations team leading up to and after release
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in developing and optimizing C++, C#, Java and Python code
- Experience with online frameworks, services and network optimization
- Demonstrated track record of developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network is an asset
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped an online game
- Familiarity with services like AWS, Docker or Azure is an asset
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
- Two shipped titles as online engineer or equivalent for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox360, PC or Mac
- DevOps mindset