Network Programmer (C++)
When you’re a Network Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s low-level network features, the multiplayer engine, and optimizing network performance. You’re part of a team that holds the player’s connected experience at the core of its mission.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the game be as responsive as possible in multiplayer matches? Does the latency meet a pro-gamer’s expectations? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features. You care about providing our players with the ultimate multiplayer experience they deserve.
What you'll do
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun multiplayer features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams;
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best multiplayer experience to our players;
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams;
- Resolve network bugs;
- Document your work.
What you'll bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in developing and optimizing network code in C++ and Python;
- Experience with multiplayer engines, distributed systems, network optimization, and multi-threading;
- Experience developing network features on Microsoft and Sony consoles is an asset;
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a multiplayer game is an asset;
- Experience with C# is an asset;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.