Materials Artist (M/F)
Play as a team, Race for excellence and Get creative! At Ubisoft Ivory Tower, we are driven by these values since 2007, join us to work on our franchise The Crew as: MATERIALS ARTIST (M/F).
The Materials Artist designs and produces high-quality textures and materials for a real-time game. Aware of texturing and lighting methods in real time (PBR) and of production needs, its role is key in the creation of atmospheres but also in the accessibility of the final product.
- Translate the Artistic Direction’s vision and the game design in the texturing and materials choices
- Create high-quality textures/materials and make improvements as necessary
- Participate in the game lighting atmosphere in collaboration with the Artistic Direction
- Incorporate and monitor technical constraints as well as demonstrate the ability to work with Ubisoft internal tools
- Communicate with the other teams (Animators, Level Artists, Level Designers, etc.) in order to create more efficient and visually appealing environments (material/texturing/lighting)
- Participate in debugging the final produc
- Experience in material and texturing
- Experience in realtime and pre-render lighting
- Experience in photography
- Experience in cinematic lighting (whether in real time or pre-render)
- Strong experience in texturing creation tools (Substance Designer, Painter, Photoshop, etc.)
- Knowledge in creation tools (3Ds Max)
- Knowledge in light behavior, colors and composition
- Knowledge and practice of illustration/concept-art/painting is a plus
- Ability to accept feedback, to adapt to change and to monitor regularly the quality of work
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good artistic sensibility
- Knowledge to the other trades in video game is a plus
- Good spoken and written English
If you want to be a part of it, don’t wait any longer! Submit your application to join us as soon as possible within the studio based in Villeurbanne/Lyon.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
- Remuneration according to the experience
- Vacation bonus
- Profit-sharing and participation agreement
- Four free games and eight concert tickets with discount per year
- Playzone & babyfoot
Ubisoft Ivory Tower is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.