Marketing Director APAC - Mobile
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives through original, memorable entertainment experiences. These teams bring to life whole new worlds – true playing fields in which players can freely express their imagination, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure, as well as fostering learning and discovery.
For more than 8 years, via its Ubisoft Mobile entity, Ubisoft has also shaped worlds on smartphones and tablets through its portfolio of mobile games.
At Ubisoft Mobile, you will have a chance to develop your skills and work alongside dedicated team members who are pioneers in their field, throughout the world.
You will be part of a warm and stimulating environment in which you can push back the boundaries of both the imagination and technology to create worlds that will inspire our players.
Reporting to our Business Development & Publishing Director of Mobile for the APAC zone, you will be part of the team ensuring the success of our games in the region, by setting-up and overseeing the best execution of all our marketing actions, social channels, partnerships and UA campaigns. You will have a big part in shaping the global marketing strategy of our games and translating it into different communication tactics, producing marketing deliverables and ensuring their organization and quality.
You will collaborate with multiple teams, from the Studios ones, to the Mobile Headquarters in Paris, as well as the PC & Consoles teams already existing in Japan and the other APAC countries.
As the Marketing Director APAC for Mobile, you have a big part in turning the strategy for our Mobile portfolio into communication tactics as well as hands-on production of top-notch marketing deliverables to ensure our games stand out in the markets.
You have a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project teams, external partners such as local agencies to execute your marketing strategies for each market, and you will be part of the creation of the bridges between the Mobile publishing organization in APAC and the already existing teams of PC & Console games.
In details, your missions will be:
- Drive the marketing strategy for our Mobile products in the APAC region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan and South East Asia + India) : positioning, target audience, communication strategy, user acquisition, etc.
- Build and manage a team of marketing experts or work with external partners to execute your tactics at the regional scale.
- Plan and execute regional marketing activities with your internal team or local partners: sourcing, briefing and managing local agencies. Behave as key partner and marketing strategy owner for Ubisoft Mobile on the APAC markets.
- Build the local brand/marketing/UA plan to create brand awareness and generate traffic and installations including PR, promotion programs, social marketing actions, traffic acquisition recommendations, etc. Work with UA HQ team to encourage campaigns in APAC and execute specific campaigns when it comes to local UA networks or creatives.
- Serve as a bridge between Mobile publishing team in APAC and the existing marketing/publishing team for PC & Console games to foster synergy and collaboration.
- Track and communicate product status, generate reports based on country/functional team insight.
- Analyze the results of the plans and campaigns and create reporting to follow the activity.
- 7+ years of marketing experience in videogames or entertainment. Marketing experience focused on consumer acquisition, win-back& retention is preferred.
- Experience in Mobile AAA F2P games or for GaaS games, experienced in the use of different types of marketing channels for Mobile titles
- Very deep understanding of Asia culture and values.
- Demonstrated marketing & analysis skills with an ability to map an understanding of business drivers.
- Results-driven approach and pattern of using metrics to assess impact/engagement by campaign and overall performance
- Excellent cross-team collaboration, with a demonstrated ability to work across stakeholder groups, functional areas, geographies, and different levels of seniority to get things done.
- Proactive and able to function in a multi-matrix and multitasking environment.
- Native Japanese, fluent in English (or vice versa).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.