(Closed) Machine Learning Programmer (Technology Group)
The TG provides tools and middleware tailored to our production needs. From front-end to back-end services, our projects are diverse but share a common goal: improve the efficiency of our gaming pipelines and the quality of our games. In a collaborative and innovative environment, we explore ideas, test concepts, and try new technology to find solutions that help developers deliver the best player experiences possible.
As a Machine Learning Programmer within the TG, your role will be twofold: you’ll transform prototypes into technologies for games and help promote machine learning techniques across Ubi.
Your technical expertise, paired with your communication skills, will be invaluable in all that you do. On the transformation side of your job, you’ll improve prototypes into reliable, high-performance tools that fit within an ecosystem of existing technologies.
As for the machine learning outreach part of your role, you’ll create and maintain training, documents, and development environments as well as share best practices to boost the efficiency of your fellow programmers.
What you’ll do
- Apply software engineering techniques to transform prototypes created by, among others, our partners at La Forge into reliable and high-performance tools for game development teams.
- Design, code, and integrate machine-learning-based middleware into game engines and internal tech.
- Work closely with product teams to create complete packages that meet production quality criteria (robustness, documentation, completeness, and performance).
- Follow the progress of prototypes by research scientists at La Forge.
- Develop and maintain frameworks, libraries, and development tools to facilitate the use of machine learning tools in production.
- Provide support to production team members by communicating the capabilities and limitations of their products.
- Contribute to efforts to promote machine learning techniques throughout the company by creating training content and participating in outreach initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve products and make them sustainable.
What you bring
- Around 3 years of experience in software development or other relevant experience (in machine learning or the video game industry, a huge plus)
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Mastery of C++ and proficiency in Python
- A collaborative spirit & a focus on long-term solutions
- Curiosity and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Motivation to innovate in the video game industry & adapt to its (constantly evolving) rhythm
Nice to have:
- Experience with:
- learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch or TensorFlow)
- distributed systems
- high-performance computing
- multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background, experience, and skills.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.