Local IT Technician - Event and Asset support
Your main mission
The Local IT Technician with specialization in asset management and event support is responsible with asset stocks within the Local IT team, keeping track of needs of all departments for hardware in stock, issuing POs or informing department managers to issue PO for restocking, while also having experience in organizing internal events and supporting audio/video equipment. In case of high workload he also needs to be able to help with hardware installs and general troubleshooting.
What you’ll do
The main and routine tasks of the Local IT Technician are to:
- Offer on-site support to end users on hardware (workstation and printing) and standard softwares (Windows OS, office pack);
- Ensure Security team best practices application for workstation;
- Build and install the new employees work environment;
- Ensure proper meeting room configuration;
- Interact with external vendors regarding repair of hardware;
- Deliver one-on-one or group classroom technical training to employees;
- Gather employee satisfaction through ticket survey;
- Be proactive, identify and communicate potential improvement to its manager;
- Ensure follow-up on issues and requests;
- Update knowledge base with newly diagnosed problems;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Responsibilities specific to Asset and Event manager role:
- Keep stocks up to date for all departments, ensuring all items have the correct status in their databases, whether they are assigned or in stock.
- Keep department managers informed when stocks for any item are low and a PO needs to be issued to replenish the stocks.
- Ensure colleagues assign all trackable devices that leave the Local IT office.
- Ensure the ITAM database is kept up to date and free of errors as much as possible.
- Investigate issues reported by the ITAM database.
- Provide Local IT presence to server room maintenances with third party contractors.
- Ensure server room cooling and UPS systems are functional and alert Local IT manager about needed maintenances or repairs.
- Keep the NetBox database up to date with server positions in the server room.
- Provide Local IT support for all internal and external Ubisoft events.
What you’ll bring as experience
- College diploma in Information Technology, or equivalent experience;
- MCSE, MCSA or MCP certification is an asset;
- 2+ years of experience in technical support to end users;
- Good English skills (spoken and written);
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Good knowledge of printing materials;
- Good knowledge of networking, cabling;
- Good knowledge of SMS, Active Directory;
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment is an asset;
- Scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell) is an asset;
- Knowledge of agile methodologies is an asset;
- Mac OS X knowledge is an asset.
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Great sense of customer service;
- Good dexterity and ability to perform manual labor;
- Good listening and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to make decisions quickly;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
- Great team spirit;
- Experience with end user customer care;
- Experience in asset management.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Join us and create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume , highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.