Local IT Site Manager
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
As the Local IT Site Manager, you are responsible for ensuring a proper Support Service Quality for a specific site. You must oversee all operational tasks related to the site, such as meeting room configuration, team movement, inventory management and request follow-up. You are fully involved on the operational tasks of your team, dedicating most of your time to operational topics.
What you’ll do
- Manage the Local IT team, creating a collaborative and productive working environment, reporting hierarchically to both the Studio Manager and the IT Regional Manager
- Own the studio’s IT decision process and provide support to the studio’s strategic objectives in alignment with the global strategy and the other sites of the region EMEA East (Belgrade, Craiova, Ukraine – Kiev and Odessa)
- Gather feedback from representatives of all projects & studio management to make sure support is in line with expectations
- Oversee the customer request distribution and timely resolution within the Local IT team of the site
- Provide quality reporting on operational tasks and status of support, budget and inventory
- Ensure Software and Hardware standards and inventory are updated and accurate
- Validate that all request performed by the team and studio IT decisions follow Security Best Practices
- Be the technical and managerial escalation level for the studio’s employees
- Represent and advocate the studio’s interests within the global IT organization
- Elaborate and follow the site’s IT budget with local finance teams
- Must be able to perform all the tasks of an IT technician:
- On-site support to end users;
- Manage local infrastructure;
- Actively identify potential improvements;
- Support local events;
- Interacting with external vendors regarding repair of hardware;
What you'll bring as experience
- Proven experience in technical support to end users/ Relevant experience in Information Technology field
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of printing materials, networking, cabling, SCCM, Active Directory, especially ITIL processes
- Exceptional communication skills in English (spoken and written)
Nice to have
- Linux knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment, Mac OS X, Agile methodologies, Scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell) is a plus
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Ability to work well in teams, to cooperate and communicate with individuals and stakeholders from various backgrounds and hierarchical levels and easily adaptable to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment
- Great team spirit
- Ability to make decisions quickly
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’ steam members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.