Live Producer M/F
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
As a Live Producer at Ubisoft Annecy, you are an expert on what makes a successful live game experience!
You will manage the live operations team acting as point of contact and coordinator for all teams involved with the live game. Your responsibilities cover a wide array of different areas, including live development, player retention and acquisition, customer support, analytics, online infrastructure, digital sales and live P&L. You will work closely with producers and directors on the development team to prioritize and plan post launch development, bringing knowledge of game data, operational solutions, community sentiment, ongoing issues and digital business to the table.
You have a DevOps mentality, and ensure the development, availability and quality of our players live game experience!
This is a position based in Annecy, France and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating and evolving a strategy for Acquisition, Retention and Monetization of the live game, including release schedules, In-game events, live testing, anti-cheat, retention features, acquisition tools and more
- Defining, monitoring, repotting and acting on KPIs to optimize the business performance of the live game and the players experience.
- Participating in defining and managing live events/milestone schedule and release (closed and public Alpha/Beta/Other, Launch and patches, etc.)
- Managing the live project P&L, team budgets, and operational costs.
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the team, establishing a clear strategy for live content and content roadmap, aimed at creating a compelling and engaging post-launch experience.
- In the critical days and weeks after each new release, triage incoming issues and coordinate live teams to ensure quick resolutions to critical player facing issues
- Working in close relation with the on-site analytics team to prepare them for your project needs and make sure you and the dev team have the data you need to make the right, player centric decision
- Supervising the creation of reports and specific in-depth analysis to ensure insights are delivered to customers according to the priorities dictated by the live game needs.
- Ensuring your team follows up on issues reported by customer support frontline, and provides information and updates to frontline teams on ongoing issues
- Evaluating the needs of the team in terms of resources and jobs, and ensuring these are met, maintaining a good standard of commitment and team motivation to create a work environment that promotes productivity.
Whilst a natural leader, you know how to navigate in an agile work environment. You’ve the capacity to make important decisions in high-stress scenarios, take ownership, and maintain an effective team in emergencies.
You have a high sense of responsibility. Working in a result-oriented way, you analyze the challenges and risks you have ahead and creating solutions and mitigations to overcome them.
You are resourceful and insightful, you quickly grasp technical problems and utilizing your knowledge and versatility you quickly generate solutions and make decisions to keep things moving forward.
You can both delegate and lead, bringing awareness to online concepts, associated technologies, additional revenue strategies. You’re a problem solver with strong communication skills in English, French is a plus.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our studio & game values and with the following skills and experience:
- At least 5-years of proven work experience from a relevant video game studio in team and project management. Ideally with a solid and succesful live game strategy.
- A degree in Management, a similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Multidisciplinary development experience.
- Experience shipping and operating game titles with connected features and services.
- Real passion for games, with strong knowledge and awareness of current successful live games
- You have extensive experience in live game operations, preferably having been part of the launch of an online AAA product with high post launch ambitions.
- You understand the importance of game data and have the ability to combine your deep knowledge of games with actual game data to make player centric decisions
- Knowledge of Ubisoft structure and departments would be a plus.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development