Linux System Administrator
Your life at Ubi
As a Linux Administrator, you will ensure proper functioning of various Linux servers and tools. Additionally, you will develop automation scripts while maintaining a DevOps approach by using a range of network and telecommunications tools to ensure the robustness of our infrastructure.
This role is part of our IT Live Games team which is composed of Architects as well as Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft and Linux products. They support Ubisoft game development by offering their expertise to the business activities in North America, Europe and Asia.
Your main mission
- Be in charge of the Linux systems, including tasks such as installations, maintenance, upgrades, system performance and application patching;
- Automate recurrent tasks through scripting using DevOps best practices and CI/CD pipelines;
- Monitor system events to ensure availability and good service quality;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures;
- Participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis;
- Participate in evaluation of new requirements, technical designs, standard guidelines, best practices, and metrics;
- Support production teams that will leverage Cloud solutions.
The professional value you bring
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux system administration;
- Experience with the public cloud solution such as AWS and GCP;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code IaC;
- Experience with automation tools such as GitLab and Terraform and with scripting languages as well as Python;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Kibana, Grafana, Zabbix, or Prometheus;
- Fluency in English, French knowledge is good to have.
The personal value you bring
- Analytical skills and being accountable for his/her actions
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people
- A passion for being involved with/ use new technologies and standards to change
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!