Line Designer / Editorial Game Designer
Ubisoft International Production is the headquarter of our network of production studios and plays an essential role in the conception of our games. Closely working with the top management and our studios worldwide, our role is to support the various project teams on different topics (production processes, design, content, game direction, financial planning, human resources) in order to enable them to develop high-quality games while maintaining an editorial and strategic coherence. This particular position allows our team members to benefit from a global overview of all our current projects under development.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create story worlds that will fascinate our audiences.
Do you want to embark on our adventure? Ubisoft is looking for a
Line Designer / Editorial Game Designer (H/F)
The editorial teams aims to support all production teams (Asia, North America or Europe) on a daily basis. They offer them support and advice on the contents of their games (design, gameplay, editorial orientation, etc.). This privileged position at the heart of a large network of studios offers a global vision on all Ubisoft production, its challenges of innovation and creativity.
The Line Designer’s mission is to support the production teams on all content issues, on several Ubisoft portfolio titles. The Line Designer helps the production teams to create a successful game and provides to Top Management the visibility needed for decision making for Ubisoft’s overall strategy.
- You define and relay reasoned and structured recommendations to production teams on Game Design, Art Direction, Level Design, accessibility, graphics, ergonomics, balancing, etc. ;
- You relay development priorities to the production teams ;
- You analyze the User Tests reports carried out by the Editorial User Research Lab teams to extract improvement points ;
- You organize and facilitate the exchange of information between production teams and experts (scriptwriting, data analysts, etc.) ;
- You perform benchmarks and studies based on internal games and competition ;
- You make benchmarks and studies based on internal games and competition;
- You are required to participate in design missions on certain aspects of the project ;
- You position yourself as the privileged source of information for Top Management on the progress, strengths and risks of projects.
- Having graduated from Game Design or Gameplay Programming school or equivalent, you have several experiences in video game design and production;
- Experience with AAA games, PC and Console market knowledge and marketing/business sensitivity will be a plus;
- You know how to manage complex and ambitious projects, share your vision and give direction to teams ;
- With excellent knowledge of Game Design, you are familiar with all the new developments in the industry (especially in terms of Gameplay related to online and connectivity, theory crafting, PvP, post launch management, etc.);
- You also stand out for your analytical and synthesis skills ;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate with diplomacy. You are rigorous, organized and able to manage priorities;
- Fluent level in English and French is mandatory.
Job based in Saint-Mandé (France).
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, WatchDogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.