In 2016, Ubisoft Philippines opened as the first and only AAA game development studio in the country. Since then, the studio has grown to around 150 professionals, co-developing the following flagship franchises: Assassin's Creed (AC): Odyssey, AC: Origins, AC III Remaster, AC Liberation and AC Rogue on Nintendo Switch, For Honor, Skull & Bones, The Crew 2 and more upcoming unannounced projects.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment and services in the world. We are located in the emerging central business district in the South of Manila, with a lush, green, family-friendly ecosystem. Our building is within DLSU Laguna, our partner university whom we have been working closely with in the creation of Video Game Development courses, training developers of the future. Through partnerships in the academe and active involvement in events, we aim to continue growing the game dev industry in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Ready to tackle new challenges and take entertainment to the next level?
Join us and Create the Unknown.
Be responsible for advice on and improve the quality of lighting effects for the project and ensure that the work is in line with technical and artistic constraints.
Work closely with the Lead Artist in collaboration with the Environment art team and Vfx team in order to implement atmospheres and lead the player’s attention based on the artistic direction, gameplay/design/game narration, technological limitations and production deadlines.
- Work with the Level Designers and Environment Artists to establish lighting and enhance gameplay;
- Produce high quality lighting and shadowing effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Create high-quality lighting in a real-time engine using PBR
- Optimize work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
- Anticipate and nurture artistic direction and game design on the choices of lighting; propose upstream innovative ideas and effective solutions to meet these challenges;
- Delivers work efficiently and in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Define workflows and create visual benchmarks
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate with the other tradespeople (animators, level artists, level designer, etc.) in order to ensure that their needs are taken into account and that an efficient lighting approach is taken;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the gaming industry or any related industry (creative, film, post production, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable;
- Working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
- Strong art fundamentals and eye for composition
- Strong grasp of color theory, color grading and other post process effects
- Good knowledge of real-time special effects shaders
- Good understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems;
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!