When you’re a Level Designer at Ubisoft Saguenay, you are the creator and director of interactive experiences that will touch the player. You bring the overarching story of the game to life by combining a selection of challenges, atmospheres and elements that will create a plethora of fun possibilities for the player to discover.
Like a hidden maestro, you arrange the flow, rhythm and tension of your carefully planned mission. You understand and care about your player's needs and expectations, all while offering a AAA-quality, cohesive experience that will advance the game narratively. Your skills, which straddle the creative and technical worlds, support you all the way from prototyping to delivery, and your resourcefulness allows you to find, search for and use existing and new tools to make your vision a reality.
What you'll do
- Design the steps and details of your mission
- Prototype different gameplay designs to get a feel for your mission
- Collaborate with Gameplay Programmers on integration of gameplay element
- Work with Level Designer – World and Level Artists to ensure playability and consistency
- Plan, request and follow up on components (gameplay, IA, sound, etc.), and integrate them as they come in
- Document and present your work, including prototyping and playtest results, to various teams and directors
What you bring
- At least 5 years of experience in video-game level design, production, or other relevant experience
- Experience using professional game-editing software (Unity3D, Unreal, CryEngine, etc.) and their related scripting tools
- Thorough grasp of the principles of good level design (pacing, risk and reward, difficulty, etc.)
- You have shipped at least one AAA game, and been involved in all phases of development
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is an asset
- Experience with coding, advanced scripting and modeling is an asset
- You are adaptable and open to whatever realities playtests may uncover about your work
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.