Level Artist (Biomes)
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
- Work on procedural world biome recipes in line with art direction;
- Help to build & identify assets which contribute to the language of biomes and give suggestions on optimization if needed;
- Work with peers on biome research and tools improvements;
- Support the world team to deliver immersive, quality and captivating level art in line with art direction that supports game design, logic, narrative and gameplay;
- Deliver tasks for a specific map, content or location and other world art mandate, including iterations and bug fixes;
- Work with lead and peers to deliver the best possible quality within the technical constraints, matching industrial expectations;
- Build assets and integrate them into game engine to set dress a polished scene;
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with artistic direction and believable to world and gameplay logic (iterate, test and improve);
- Collaborate well with other teams, maintain healthy and holistic relationships and encourage positive, productive and solid communication within peers and teams.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Understanding of how to work with and compose organic landscapes
- Level art world creation experience & exposure as 3D Artist
- Knowledge of 3D software and optimization techniques (3D max & Unreal is a plus)
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.
- Good organization skills, with an eye for details
- Ability to take criticism and change
- Great team player with good initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits at our website.
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.