Lead Unity Developer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre instant games.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
You will work closely with technical director and other programmers, as well as with other disciplines to fully create the prototypes and enhance the innovate gameplay features.
- Create, debug, maintain, and optimize the game’s engine, editor, and related tools used for the game’s development.
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools, and toolchain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date by the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the content team of the project
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- Be involved with rapid prototyping of new gameplay features
- Develop the client-side components for highly scalable multiplayer games
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
- Provide guidance/mentorship to other developers on the team
- Work with project management to plan task scheduling/resource assignment/risk evaluation.
- 5+ years professional experience in game development, of which one project already served in lead capacity.
- 3+ of hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting)
- Solid knowledge of C# and its related structures, design patterns and methodologies
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming, AI techniques, etc.
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Experience using HTTP/REST APIs to communicate with backend server a plus
- Solid understanding of 3D math (matrices, vectors, quaternions)
- Able and interested to work a “rapid iteration” development environment
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
Nice to have
- Experience in cross-platform development and its associated issues, complications, platforms, pipelines and solutions. (Console, PC, mobile)
- Solid experience working with high-end (HD) visuals including lighting, shaders (HLSL), animation trees, particles, etc.
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern, and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- New frontiers in tech, entertainment and beyond.
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Free access to the entire Ubisoft PC games library
- UBIVERSARY for your working milestones
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Special gifts for every occasion throughout the year
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5…), coffee, tea, and fresh fruits