Lead UI/UX Artist
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™, both based on the worldwide known TV shows of the same name. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations.
The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is looking for a Lead UI/UX Artist to work on the graphical design of the user interfaces, create static artwork as well as immersive motion designs. The UI/UX Artist would be working closely with other designers, artists and programmers. The journey of UI/UX Artist would be to define and communicate a visual language that will follow the general look and feel of the game as well as the design and technical guidelines of the project.
- Lead the UI/UX vision for our games.
- Participate in the UI Design process and create working prototypes and wireframes.
- Design intuitive interfaces that enhance the gameplay experience.
- Produce fully functional (static and dynamic) UI elements for the game.
- Integration of assets in the game.
- Collaborating with the technical team to ensure smooth workflows for UI as well as looking for ways to improve the pipeline and the quality of assets.
- Ensure alignment of interfaces with the game flow and design, both in terms of ergonomics and art style.
- UI optimization to meet constraints in memory, draw calls and other technical constraints.
- Lead the UI team in terms of task management, performance review and quality of work output.
- Previous leadership experience on mobile projects.
- Strong understanding of visual design principles and how they relate to game development and user interfaces.
- Complete understanding of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into Unity3D engine.
- An understanding of UI conventions and challenges on mobile platforms.
- Ability to create assets efficiently to address the technical constraints of Unity engine.
- Hands on with Unity.
- Superior eye for composition, color theory and ability to use them in creating functional and appealing interfaces
- Strong understanding of the challenges presented by mobile platforms and the ability to adapt methodologies and solutions accordingly.
- Good knowledge of VFX and characters animation is a plus.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team.
- Good communications skills and ability to work with the team.
- BS degree in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience and outstanding portfolio
- Proven UI/UX experience on at least one 3D mobile title shipped, or a very strong UI portfolio.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.