Lead Software Architect
Your life at Ubi
Ubisoft is seeking a Lead Software Architect to join our IT Department, and more concretely the Enterprise Governance team, responsible for providing business solutions to several business Domains (Finance, HR, Sales, Procurement, Comm&Collab, GameDev).
The Software Architecture team ensures consistency across all Domain teams with clear guidelines and best practices, provides architecture expertise for key platforms and technologies, and enables innovation. It also contributes to define and deliver solid and thoughtful solutions for Ubisoft’s business Domains.
As Lead Software Architect, you will play a key role in ensuring that the new services implemented by the Product Teams meet the best practices in the industry and will support the business growth and objectives. You will also ensure that these services are consistently integrated within the IT ecosystem, no matter if they are an internal custom development, an out-of-the-box tool or a SaaS solution.
Your main mission
- Lead a team of highly skilled software architects and technical experts and manage all aspects of people and performance management (define clear mandates, objectives and key results, one-to-ones, skills growth actions, performance reviews);
- Work on defining Ubisoft’s future IT ecosystem with key products like our ERP, eCommerce Platform, and their integration with other business critical systems;
- Establish, recommend or modify current architecture-related processes, policies and standards where applicable;
- Encourage adoption of new tools/practices within the Product teams located mainly in Bucharest, Paris and Montreal;
- Accompany your team and Product teams during the design of performant, highly scalable and reliable solutions based on the stakeholders’ requirements and industry best practices;
- Resolve architectural and design problems, and address other concerns as necessary
- Participate in refining client requirements, assisting internal customers to express their needs;
The professional value you bring
- Experience in development could be either with PHP, Java or .NET;
- Design experience with REST APIs ;
- Cloud platform knowledge (AWS);
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration platforms;
- Expertise with large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments, scalable systems and understanding of messaging (pub/sub, queues), caching, authentication;
- Expertise with writing efficient MySQL queries and the ability to find and fix slow queries;
- Disciplined approach to design and coding – Solid Object Oriented programming (OOP) as well as Test Driven Development (TDD);
The personal value you bring
- Leadership, People Management and Mentoring skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Autonomous and collaborative within a team;
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.