Lead Programmer [Unannounced Project]
We are looking for a Lead Programmer to drive the development for an unannounced project. You will be responsible for the architecture as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. We work in cross-functional teams so you will be working closely with people from other disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work.
- Strike a balance between coding, supporting team members, and management tasks
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems
- Estimate time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code
- Perform design- and code-reviews with team members
- Ensure your team can work efficiently and identify opportunities for workflow improvements
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are a process-driven person with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture and have what it takes to lead a team of passionate professionals. Finding good channels for communication is easy for you as you constantly survey and adapt to the team’s needs. You have previous experience from the games industry and grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them. You enjoy playing games as well as making them and you stay up-to-date with industry trends and technical solutions while always pushing for quality.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Strong interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry
- Several years’ experience as a senior software developer in the video games industry
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low level optimizations
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Good understanding of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture
- Previous lead programmer / technical director experience
- Knowledge of various software development processes and methodologies
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.