Lead Gameplay Programmer - Rainbow Six Siege
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's The Division 2 and Hyper Scape.
In this role, you’ll be leading the Balancing Cell programming team within the R6 project as well as working with leads and directors in other cells and across the entire project.
- Lead and manage a team of programmers.
- Coach and guide the development of the team members.
- Share knowledge, motivate, and inspire others to generate new ideas.
- Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management.
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team and its impact on the project.
- Actively work with other department leads and facilitate the information flow.
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, with some in a leadership role
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Very good expertise of the software development environment and associated tools (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, etc.).
- Proven ability to debug bugs of a reasonable complexity.
- Experience developing gameplay systems in a networked game.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Excel).
- Ability to write clear, concise code & documentation keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility with current systems.
- Ability to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor
- Ability to manage, mentor and nurture those you work with.
- Ability to judge and communicate on the potential impact of your changes.
- Ability to understand and apply the rational design methods.
- Ability to manage your time and that of the team while working within deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Able to discuss technical work with non-technical people.
- Good level of English
- Prior experience in games development with shipped titles.
- Development experience in consoles is a plus.
- Knowledge of C# is a plus.
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)