Lead Gameplay Programmer
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a friendly atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 140+ strong team of talented and diverse professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer for an unannounced project
You will be responsible for leading a gameplay programming team within a collaborative, versatile and diverse environment. You will join a global open-world multiplayer project where several Ubisoft studios have come together to create original and memorable gaming experiences. As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will guide your team in implementing various gameplay features, while working in close collaboration with designers, level designers and other gameplay and programming teams.
We offer you a key position in an ambitious and large AAA project where you have the opportunity to work with core content impacting the player experience. Your home base is RedLynx’s friendly studio where we are competent and focused without forgetting how to have fun, and you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant colleagues both in Finland and abroad.
Don’t live in Finland yet? You may have the opportunity to work remotely in the beginning. Later on, we are happy to support your relocation to Helsinki.
- Deliver our gameplay features on schedule and meeting the agreed quality standards
- Work with production, engineers and team leads to create task estimates and schedules and track development efforts across the team
- Ensure delivered features meet game design and technical requirements
- Advocate quality and knowledge sharing by leading technical design, following agreed coding standards, setting up peer reviews and ensuring the creation of necessary documentation
- Be an ambassador for technology sharing across projects
- Build an effective team and foster team player culture
- Set inspiring objectives for your team members, follow their progress and provide meaningful feedback
- Care about your team - be a supportive role model and promote an open dialogue within your team and create an environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow
Our dream candidate has
- Several years of software development experience with significant involvement in at least 1 published game in a relevant programming capacity
- High-level knowledge of most areas of game mechanisms development (Game systems, AI, Control, Camera, Animation, UI, audio, …)
- Strong capacity to translate game design or creative intentions into technical gameplay solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one game engine (commercial or in-house)
- Experience working with a large game codebase and its modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Very good C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of common online systems and ability to debug networked/asynchronous systems
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience managing and leading gameplay programmers
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform
- Very good knowledge of object oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 14th of November 2021.
RedLynx is part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brough to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.