(Closed) Lead Gameplay Animator - Unannounced AAA Project
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.
Ubisoft Barcelona is looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator to join the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla team and continue their mission to deliver exciting and challenging features on an unannounced AAA title.
As the Lead Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Barcelona, your main responsibilities will be to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the animation team and its impact on the project.
You will support a highly iterative development process, working closely with the Game Design Director, the Lead Systems Designer and the Combat Design team to produce animations that fulfill their gameplay function while also striving for efficiency and quality.
- Create benchmark quality animations to demonstrate visual and technical quality as reference for the animation team.
- Work with production, design, engineers and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the animation team and track their development efforts.
- Ensure the animation team goals are aligned with the other departments and communicate project objectives, strategies to all team members.
- Advocate the high-level vision for the various features/systems/encounters set by the Game Design Director and Lead Systems Designer.
- Work closely with the Combat Design Team during the prototype process, supporting fast iteration on combat and character navigation development.
- Develop communication channels with the lead studio driving the co-development on the project to ensure proper communication with all the relevant stakeholders.
- Balance active animation work along with management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely content by the animation team that meets the game design and technical requirements.
- Follow industry standards with regards to animation combat animation and implement good practices within the animation team.
- Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team.
- Encourage and coordinate knowledge sharing within the team through trainings/talks.
- Promote regular playthroughs and reviews of the content delivered by the team to ensure the quality of the animation and their technical implementation.
- At least 4-5 years of videogames development experience with significant involvement in 2 published AAA games, with at least 1 project at Lead level.
- Has knowledge and experience driving an agile methodology within a team.
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools - Jira, etc..
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate in collaboration with other departments.
- Great skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder preferred, knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya and similar software packages.
- Proficiency in realistic key frame animation.
- Experience working with motion capture data.
- Experience with blend trees and state machines.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of console games development is a plus.
Few Words About Ubisoft Barcelona Studio
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List Of Benefits
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)