Lead Game Designer H/F
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Within the Annecy Production Studio you will be responsible for all aspects of the Game Design (core gameplay, game systems, structure and progression, UI, balancing) and manage an experienced Game Design team.
As such, your main objectives will be to:
- Participate in the design of the content, closely collaborating with the creative team
- Be the point of contact for the creative vision and the design direction within the design team
- Participate in the creation and help prototype robust, accessible and deep game mechanics
- Supervise the preparation of design documents, validate and monitor their implementation
- Ensure the smooth running of the creative process by providing validation of each step
- Supervise the Game Design team (management and coordination of schedules ...)
- Build action plans after feedback from the management and analysis of playtest results
- Communicate with your peers in the studios involved in the production
You have at least one experience in a mature production as Lead Game Design on a AAA game and fit the following skills list:
- You are able to prototype or diagram behaviors and game situations
- You are able to design motivating game structures and mechanics to ensure the player’s long-term commitment to the experience
- Curious and analytical, you are aware of new developments and trends and you’ll be proactive in always adapting to consumer expectations
- Offering excellent interpersonal skills, you listen to team members and give attention to their constraints, constantly looking for ways to improve
- You are rigorous, autonomous, proactive, agile and creative
- You have a player oriented vision, you listen to them, and act accordingly
- You know also build your decisions on factual analysis (data tracking, playtest)
- Experience in the design of online games and / or open-world is a plus
- Experience in the design of character behavior and / or artificial intelligence is a plus
- Good oral and written level of English desired
Please submit a CV and cover letter.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development