Lead Game Designer
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
- As Lead Game Designer you will act in a project leadership capacity to solve critical problems that affect production’s objectives with regards Game Design. You are responsible for building strong teams, co-dev connections and collaboration;
- As Lead Game Designer you will plan, detail, and supervise directly the work of Game Designers within your purview, with the goal of developing and delivering a new IP of exceptional quality;
- You will actively participate in the creation and the development of the Game Design, working closely with the Game Director & Creative Director;
- Your role has a major emphasis on people management, creativity, communication, problem solving and mitigation;
- Understand the player’s needs and ensure the items developed by the team contribute to a strong and engaging player experience;
- Analyze Game Design workload vs production capacity, and work with the senior production team to establish a work schedule and priorities for the Game Design team that is in keeping with the project goals and timeline;
- Review Design distribution and work performance of the Game Design team;
- Communicate to the Game Design team the objectives, strategies, and high-level information related to the project. Offer full visibility on the progress and development of the game and others job families to the Design Team, and communicate Game Design progress and decision-making widely across the production to ensure full visibility & strong alignment between job families;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with project management and directorship, and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure the Game Design team can deliver on expectations in a manner that will failsafe team health and player experience;
- Supervise and provide clear and structured documents to the project, that clarifies the game design and gameplay, and allows the team to work on productive tasks (game systems, game mode, behaviour, AI, +);
- Provide performance appraisals for your Game Design reports, and feedback on all members of the Game Design team;
- Manage conflicts that arise within your team members;
- Actively participate in recruitment of future team members;
- Create a positive work environment that will impact team motivation and performance;
- College studies in Game Design and Production, and a certificate in Project Management, or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience as a Senior Game Designer, with relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- Prior experience in leading a team will be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, analytical, with good management and planning skills
- Strong team player, with good flexibility
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!