Lead Engine Programmer
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow the player to learn and discover themselves.
Founded in 1998, Ubisoft Singapore has participated in the various successful blockbusters of the group by collaborating on the Assassin's Creed®, by developing the online and social multiplayer aspects. We are also proud to have developed our own IP Ghost Recon Phantoms!
By joining Ubisoft Singapore, you will have the opportunity to join a community of enthusiasts and collaborate but also evolve with pioneering teams in their field, coming from the four corners of the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will fascinate our players.
Do you have talent and experience in video game development? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating work environment where creativity, conviviality and cutting-edge technology reign? join us!
As a Lead Engine Programmer, your role is to own the game engine for the project and to support the team to ensure the success of the game, managing:
- Quality and stability of the visual and game experience
- Own the overall design and architecture for the Singapore scope.
- Realization of the game/artistic vision within the constraints of the tech and platforms by working with the Art Director and Lead Designer / Creative Director.
- Push high production values and realization for the missions developed by Singapore.
- Engine tasks scope & timeline management
The role has a major emphasis on visual quality, stability, implementation & communication.
For code changes or new features, responsible for:
- Gathering & “negotiating” clear requirements and specifications for features
- Writing technical brief and confluence documentation for the architecture of the systems you own, and the usage instructions for the artists and designers.
- Providing best estimate of feature delivery
- Contributing to the art budgets/guidelines for each target platform/feature.
- Accountable for:
- Features complying to agreed design
- Stability and performance (frame rate, multi-platform support, memory, CPU) of the features
- Support and evolution (troubleshooting, tools, workflow, data reviews, etc.)
- Code quality: practice code/design reviews and share best practice
- Delivering the features on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality and group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.