About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
Rainbow Six Siege is the latest installment of the acclaimed first-person shooter franchise, developed for PC and consoles. It is one of the leading tactical online shooters with a strong focus on eSports. The teams at Ubisoft Mainz and Ubisoft Düsseldorf are working as a co-developer with the Lead Studio in Montreal, contributing a range of game features and live content.
As Lead Development Tester, your primary objective is to lead a team of testers and work with developers, artists, and designers to ensure the quality and stability of new features and game content across multiple platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One) while coordinating with various co-dev partners around the world.
What you will do:
- Recruit, manage, coach and lead a team towards individual and team excellence and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Connect and partner up with teams across Ubisoft towards quality initiatives
- Provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
- Being accountable for the quality of work and relationships on teams
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting and closure
- Project, manage and maintain schedules for testing activities
- Plan and maintain defect management processes and tools
- Keep QA and QC processes and documentation up to date
- Influence and champion software development best practices and customer experience
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations and report on risk
- Create, monitor and control metrics impacting product and team quality
What you bring:
- Experience leading test teams: 2+ years
- Experience in game/software testing: 5+ years
- Knowledge of gaming platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC, etc)
- Proficiency in issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Asana, Bugzilla)
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. TestRail, Xray)
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Proficiency to work in spoken and written English
- Worked on at least one title as testing lead from production to release
- Passion for video games and software quality
Nice to have:
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience with automation test methods
- Familiarity with Ubisoft's line of products and services
- Experience working in global teams
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search via our relocation partner. For international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, as well as approximately 12 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible working hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Self-study and training hours (half a day per month): You have access to our in-house library
- Company pension scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect.
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly mobility budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Borrow a bike for free: Discover the city from a new perspective.
- English and German classes for free. The main language in the studio is English.
- Free fruit, vegetables, coffee, tea and water. Enjoy some vitamins and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.