Lead Character Artist
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
Job Title: Lead Character Artist
Integrated at the heart of the character Art team and directly working under the management of the Art Director, the Lead Character Artist is responsible for characters creation in one of our AAA games. The team is composed of modeling artist, vehicle artist and character artist.
- Leading the development of high-quality AAA characters
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the Character Art Team
- Coordination with the lead studio
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the Character Art Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Work together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balance quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Strong anatomy and hard surface modelling knowledge is required.
- 5+ years of working with character art
- At least 1 years' experience of leading a team, preferably in agile project management
- Working knowledge of Zbrush, Marvelous designer and substance painter
- Excellent knowledge in real time engine
- Ability to create characters to AAA standard
- Experience with next gen game development
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.