Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and groups can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
As a Lead C++ Programmer, you will be responsible for leading, developing systems to create a rich and compelling player experience, motivating and managing a group of programmers in collaboration with the Tech Lead, as well as the collaboration with the other group on the project. You will be also responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for your group, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering group, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Lead a programming discipline group at a technical and personnel level;
- Work closely with the Game Design group and make sure that the design of various features is complete and realistic
- Implement, test and document the technical aspects of features for a AAA game
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, C++ code
- Own game features from start to finish
- Determine the tech needs for the group, helping to establish clear coding best practices;
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems;
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming group;
- Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement.
- 5+ yrs experience in the software development industry;
- 2+ yrs of relevant experience as Team Lead;
- Experience in managing group of 4+ employees is a must;
- Extensive knowledge of C++ programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.