Lead Automation Programmer
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
The QC Technical Department of Ubisoft Bucharest is looking for a Lead Automation Programmer to join our evolving team that is responsible with developing Tools, Automation and Data Analytics solutions for all Ubisoft QC studios.
Together with your team, and in close collaboration with Ubisoft Game Production teams, your mission will be to develop, deploy and operate game automation solutions & automation pipelines aimed at increasing reliability of game features and game builds, optimizing test resources, and supporting Game Productions in shipping high quality projects.
- Coordinate the development activities within his scope: technical design, development activities, unit testing, technical documentation, release processes, monitoring & performance management
- Define technical design & architecture for new Automation solutions, or propose improvements that would satisfy technical KPIs goals
- Actively implement automation features & develop high-quality code, keeping performance in mind
- Anticipate future technical challenges or opportunities for Game Automation solutions
- Ensure clarity within the team, or towards Automation Product Owner or Productions on tasks progress, blockers, technical challenges or proposals related to the developed automation solutions
- Ensure support for Automation Scripters team on debugging, code reviews, coding standards and technical design for developed automation scripts
- Assist in promoting a positive engineering and team culture
- Provide technical and functional guiding to team members
- Plan, organize, follow-up and assess the team performance and help members grow
- 5+ years of experience developing in C++ within professional IT environment
- 1+ year experience in leading or coordinating a team of programmers
- Experience in developing or working with product pipelines
Nice to have:
- C# experience
- Experience in working with automation frameworks
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.