Lead Audio Designer [New IP]
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Represent the audio team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key voice for the sound design of the project.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Organise and coordinate the activities and resources required as part of the production process at all project phases;
- Plan, distribute and supervise project audio work;
- Challenge team members whenever necessary to ensure that all technical decisions are sound and based on facts;
- Provide visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables and implement solutions to avoid gaps;
- Understand the game’s technical and artistic constraints and important aspects (story, gameplay, vision) to direct/coach the team;
- Review the work carried out by team members at the end of each project phase;
- Assess team morale, determining the root causes of issues and implementing relevant solutions;
- Optimise work methods and processes for the team that are adapted to project needs;
- Support collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team and with teams from other projects;
- Carry out all other related task.
Skills and Knowledge
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of DAW tools and audio processing.
- Excellent knowledge of Wwise.
- Knowledge of current engines an asset;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Sense of initiative.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in audio for video games or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in sound design or other relevant training;
- Experience managing a team of people in a professional environment;
- Proven track record in audio design having shipped at least 2 games within the audio design discipline; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.