Lead Animator [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As part of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is an opportunity for you to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As our new Lead Animator you will drive the animation quality of a brand-new IP and collaborate with Directors to deliver an amazing AAA game experience.
- Leading and managing the Animation team.
- Collaborating with the Art Director, Technical Art Director and Animation Director to create animations that fits the visual style of the game.
- Building, developing, and nurturing a strong, empowered team with a healthy, diverse, and supportive team culture
- Driving the artistic direction of the game.
- Creating goals for your teams and help them reach it.
- Defining the animation quality for your team.
- Prototyping animation systems that will be the basis for animation and gameplay-related discussions.
- Working closely with production and help defining priorities, optimize workflows and processes.
As our new colleague you'll be able to communicate well and have a keen eye for animation. As a valued lead animator on the team, you will be positive and forward thinking and be able to anticipate the needs of the project and your team members.
- You have 5+ years’ experience as an Animator in game development.
- You have some experience leading, coaching, mentoring or training other team members
- You have knowledge of keyframe animations, gameplay animation and procedural animation.
- You shipped at least 1 title.
- You can work with a complex animation system and complex animation state machines.
- You understand animation workflows and tools (e.g. MotionBuilder, Maya).
- You have a technical understanding of the animation pipeline
- You are motivated to constantly expand your knowledge and expertise
- You are a strong communicator and can easily discuss and negotiate with people up and down the hierarchy.
- You are Fluent in English, both verbally and written.
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to work on a brand-new IP from Ubisoft, where you will get the chance to really put your own mark on the game!
You get the opportunity to create unique animations in our snowdrop engine, with the goal of bringing life to the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora.
- Relocation and Visa Support.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours and work from home policy.
- Our Ubisoft Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget 80€.
- All Legal residents of Germany are eligible for free public healthcare.
For us to review your application it would be great to see a portfolio of your work together with your application.
It would be great if it contain:
- A detailed shot breakdown of your work, including what you are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
- Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
- Examples of animation style variety
- Examples of environment animation or visual effects
- Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package