Lead 3D Artist - Rainbow Six Siege
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, "Beyond Good & Evil 2" and unannounced AAA projects.
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Lead 3D Artist to be part of the Rainbow Six development Team and future projects. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Lead Artist will collaborate with the Studio Art Director to establish artistic goals for a given project(s). The candidate will be in charge of following the art team’s work, coach team members, and validate production outcomes while overseeing part of the development of the game.
- Validate if the produced asset matches the technical 3D requirements and techniques.
- Suggest smart solutions when necessary to meet set objectives.
- Help the team with their current tasks whenever it’s possible.
- Support our team members to grow their skills.
- Owner of the documentation on our 3D processes and keeping it up to date.
- Oversee the 3D initial order per season and our 3D backlog during the season
- (to spot any incoherence or missing information).
- Oversee and assign the correction of the team’s bugs.
- Provide reviews to the Associate Producer on the progress of the work carried out by the team.
- Participate in the performance follow-ups and contribute to the 3D team members’ evaluation.
- Point of contact for the discussions between R6 Art Direction, Technical Direction and the Strategy Team.
- Liaison with other leads and team members.
- Ensuring leadership of the 3D team, leading some changes in terms of mentality, quality or technical focus.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a Senior/Lead Artist role in the videogames industry.
- Ability to work in a team with good leadership skills and delegate work accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments.
- Strong modelling, UV unwrapping, and texturing skills are required.
- Good knowledge of 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer.
- Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to real-time, the 3D engines, and level editors.
- Capacity to understand the specific pipeline requirements for R6 Customization and suggest improvements.
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many artistic criticism avenues.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented and able to handle the pressure.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learning from others.
- Rainbow Six Siege knowledge or experience in MTX assets production is a plus.
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets.
- Preferential price for medical insurance.
- Sports / activities deal.
- Access to transport tax deductions.
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC).
- Discount for Ubisoft console games.
- Fresh fruits / drinks.
- Friday Morning Breakfast.
- Friday afternoon free.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building events.
- Assistance for opening Bank account.
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review.
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax).