Junior Technical Artist
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi
As a Junior Technical Artist, you will have a support role inside the Technical Art team. You will be working closely with the Technical Directors, Technical Artists and the programming team, to help with simple asset and pipeline optimizations, to participate in the technical art features implementation, and to perform simple debugging on the project’s tools and processes.
Your main mission:
- Implementing optimizations and monitoring the performance of the game;
- Identifying and Implementing art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Creating technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implementing technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offering technical assistance to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation;
- Sharing with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
The professional value you bring:
- Strong Gamer Culture and interest in videogame development;
- Basic knowledge of real-time rendering challenges and techniques;
- Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills;
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art) is very appreciated;
- Any relevant experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge and Interest in any of the following tech-art areas are also considered a plus:
- Rendering and Post-Effects
- Special FX
- Rigging and animation
- Physics simulations
The personal value you bring:
- Fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun, and join us!