Junior Server Developer
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for a new addition to our Programming Team! As a Junior Gameplay Developer, you will work closely with our game team to implement and maintain new game features, third party SDKs and gameplay-related systems.
Our Studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves games as much as the technology that drives them. This person will integrate their demonstrated track record of curiosity, ingenuity, and personal development into a small, diverse and close-knit team where a good sense of humour and a positive attitude is extremely important.
- Develop and optimize server-side code in Node.js;
- Develop and optimize client-side server interfaces using C#;
- Maintain back-end infrastructure hosted on AWS;
- Develop new server-side features alongside the guidance of the overall Server Team;
- Inspect, maintain, and improve operational code;
- Provide technical insight and advice during team meetings to support and forecast project needs.
- Work alongside the Server Team using SCRUM/AGILE methodology.
- 0-2 years experience working with node.js, C#, and AWS.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A working knowledge in web-programming, issues, frameworks, and languages.
- Experience with Unity Game Engine;
- Experience setting up and configuring AWS Environments;
- Experience using JIRA considered a plus!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
- Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
- Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many resturants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic and cooperative, with communication between teams and an emphasis on team-building!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.