Junior Level Designer
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY JOURNEY
Working in a creative environment, the Junior Level Designer implements the game rules and mechanics in the game levels. Together with the Creative Director and the Lead Level Designer, you will shape the game and player experiences throughout the game levels.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Understand the part that his/her level plays in the overall game experience based on the Creative Director’s vision;
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions;
- Communicate the results of the prototype to the other crafts in order to validate the intentions and have the Level Design TD assess the technical feasibility and the quality of the maps (Game Design Director);
- Work in collaboration with the Level Artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other;
- As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level;
- Correct the level design bugs entered into the database by testers;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Previous experience working on a video game level design is a plus;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player;
- Critical and analytical sense;
- Structure and rigour;
- Ability to put oneself in the player’s shoes.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits at our website.
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.