Junior Game Designer
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.
As a Junior Game Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with the design team to develop game systems, controls, and interfaces in order to bring the vision of the Creative Director/Lead Designer into a playable experience.
- Work closely with Programming, Animation, and Modeling teams to drive game development towards the vision laid-out by the Lead Designer.
- Contribute to the creation of game systems and level content that aligns with the Production Teams goals for player experience!
- Document, maintain, and communicate the systems of the project to the entire production team in order to serve as a useful reference for Production.
- Actively participate in the creation of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to the start of full-production!
- Assess the success of prototypes by measuring various objectives, using relevant qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Adjust game systems to allow for player elaboration on strategies that align with the desired experience sought by the Lead Designer.
- Perform any other tasks, as required.
- At least (1) one years experience within a Games Relevant field.
- A College Diploma/Degree in Game Design, Game Production, or applicable work related experience.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines!
- A demonstrated ability of effective communication across different audiences on a broad range of topics, both written and verbal.
- A willingness towards embracing a cross-discipline work environment.
- A genunine interest and passion for games, especially F2P mobile gaming!
- HyperCasual and/or Idle Games Experience
- Hands-on Unity Experience.
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
- Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
- Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team-building and collaboration!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.