Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading the development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being an IT Technician at Ubisoft Toronto
The successful candidate will provide level 2 and level 3 support to users (software and materials) installing and configuring PCs for end-users for our start-up studio. The technical support technician will also carry out the upgrades on the various computer systems, act as backup server support to Ubisoft’s Global Network Support team located in Montreal; able to deal with telecommunications (assist with VoIP set up, Mobile Device support, VPN connections), set up an IT inventory and other related tasks.
The IT team provides hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of an IT Technician at Ubisoft Toronto
- Administer, support and troubleshoot all studio hardware (computers, printers, monitors etc.), software and network operating systems;
- Create & manage users, computer accounts and their access to network resources in Active Directory;
- Install Windows 10 and all software packages remotely by using Microsoft deployment server SCCM;
- Coordinate with UBISOFT Global Network Services (GNS) for IT infrastructure needs & IT related issues;
- Deploy security software on all company’s computers e.g. Bitlocker for complete computer hard drive security;
- Unbox and install PC hardware components such as graphics cards, SSD’s and HDD’s as part of the PC deployment process;
- Setup and Support conference rooms with Logitech or Cisco Video Conference Systems, Polycom Phone, Projector, Projector Screen, TV, Audio system, and video surveillance system;
- Manage hardware and software inventory and generated inventory reports for software licenses, hardware and network equipment;
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum user support;
- Train and provide recommendation for staff on existing technology;
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources;
- Research and make recommendations about the purchase of technology resources;
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Team Lead.
What it takes to make it
- University or college diploma in networking or related IT or technology education.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in user support (computer populations of 50 – 200+ users);
- In-depth technical experience with PC’s, Laptops and Tablets;
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office suite 2016;
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP communication protocols, Active Directory, and latest PC and video boards;
- Knowledge of MAC/XBOX/PS Hardware an asset;
- Knowledge of scripts an asset (batch files, VBScript);
- A+, MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification an asset.
Nice to Have
- Team spirit and able to work autonomously;
- Good manual dexterity;
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and manage stressful situations.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.