IT Operations Manager
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Live Games team helps Ubisoft’s internal customers creating not only a platform to host the games but also accompanying a game during its entire life: before its launch (architecture design, Technology R&D, tool recommendation etc.) and after its launch (operations, reporting and metrics, 24/7 monitoring and administration and incident/request management).
As an Operations Manager at Ubisoft within this team, you will drive forward a team of highly skilled individuals who work very closely with the production teams of our online solutions which leverage emerging technologies such as Kubernetes to deliver features to the Ubisoft’s players. and are used transversally by internal teams.
Your role will be to ensure the team continuously delivers quality work and that the team has the tools and means to do so all while working alongside our partners and the members of your team to elaborate the best solutions.
What you'll do
- Establish and maintain a roadmap of IT projects and strategies to continue delivering business value to our partners;
- Connect with existing and potential product teams to constantly gather and send feedback on the internal online solutions being developed;
- Build and maintain processes that enable the team to make sure the rest of the organisation can work well with the internal online solutions;
- Work on development plans to ensure the team can support emerging technologies;
- Manage, coach and provide guidance to the team on all day-to-day tasks;
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience with direct management of an IT team;
- Minimum 3 years of being exposed to programming /software development;
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies;
- An understanding or experience with Python, Golang and Linux OS is a bonus;
- A functional understanding of Product Lifecycle & Management is a bonus;
- Written and oral command of French and English.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.