Human Resources Manager
As an integral part of the studio leadership team, this role will identify, develop and deploy business-driven HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain staff. The Red Storm HR manager will help us maintain a high-performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business objectives set forth by Headquarters.
This HR Manager is accountable for the oversight and management of all elements of operational HR including performance management, coaching and conflict resolution, compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruitment and retention, policy development and employee training.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the HR department.
- Direct and manage the employee appraisal process.
- Assist management staff regarding their participate in yearly evaluation performance process.
- Counsel employees to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Represent the studio at HR events around the globe.
- Conduct, analyze and report on exit interviews; recommending changes to Management for ongoing Studio improvement.
- Present regular updates on “monthly” tracked data on a variety of internal/external issues.
- Develop and manage the HR Departmental budget.
- Assist employees in career growth through on-going training programs/opportunities aimed at fulfilling career objectives and studio direction.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the studio attracts and retains top talent.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Support the studio benefits plans with oversight of the group.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Review, plan, implement, maintain and enforce studio policies.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Assist special projects as directed by Studio Managing Director.
- Direct studio employee relation efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree with 4 years of HR experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years game/entertainment/creative industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Compensation and Wage Structure support.
- Comfortable working in a small team HR environment as well as working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage a fluctuating workload.
- Ability to defuse tense situations so that the key people can review and resolve.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite and the ability to learn additional internal systems such as the HRIS and Applicant Tracking System.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.