Graphic Technical Director
As a Graphic Technical Director at Ubisoft Saguenay, you are responsible for the content quality that comes out of its job. You must optimize your team productivity through a technical process (pipeline) while keeping in minds the user’s needs. It takes place by adequately identifying the project’s needs by setting up tools and efficient working methods to maximize data integration in the game engine and to assure technical support for the team.
What you'll do
- Define technical needs for their teams. It is made to realize the creative and artistic vision of the project (design and artistic) while concretely validating the game features and while challenging their interpretation to evaluate the feasibility at a technical level.
- Establish a vision of the best working methods and data structures (data and assets) to standardize the working methods to assure the validating and integrity of data (meets the standard and minimize debugs). It can be accomplished by writing documents related to the technical process (pipeline), by the establishment of a commune nomenclature, through formation, coaching and supervision of the users of the process.
- Assure the best tools (internal or external) in collaboration with the programming team and others technical directors of the projects to improve and facilitate the work of their field. It can be done by prototyping technological elements, by asking for adjustments of the existing tools, by asking for new tools or by validating the efficiency of the tools provided before the project deployment.
- Find improvements and solutions to problems found to offer technical support to their field. It can be accomplished by working closely with programmers and by training team members to become experts in resolutions of tasks and precise problems.
- Be aware of new technical and technological developments to apply development on the projects, if pertinent and to share project developments to the team member (technical director in other project or profession).
- Contribute to the organization of the work in collaboration with the person in charge of the planning according to the scope of each task and the impact of its trade to establish a compromise between the desired quality and the delivery capacity (time, cost, resources, etc.)
- Make follow up of tasks of the technical assistant directors (if applicable) to evaluate the progress of the project deliverables and to assure their developments by coaching them to improve their knowledge and specialization.
- Participate in the choice of external tools (engine, plug-in, E-confluence, etc.) to assure that the field needs are considered by evaluating existing tools, by participating in designing new tool and by testing them if needed
- Be in charge to orientate optimization and debug to solve identified problems to their field.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- ACS in the field and to be game oriented or any other equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in art or digital art is considered an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in video games or any other pertinent experience
- Experience in the field at every stage in video game production
- To have 2 or 3 published video games
- To be user oriented
- To know how to manage your time and priorities
- To be able to coach people easily
- The ability to write technical documentation
- To show good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- To be able to influence people
- Stress and change management
- To be resourceful in the solution process
- To be rigorous
- To be curious
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.