Graphic Designer (Anvil Game Engine Team)
Anvil is a game engine developed internally at Ubisoft and used worldwide to power the greatest AAA games. Originally developed alongside the release of the original Assassin’s Creed in 2007 to build one dynamic open world games it has since evolved to support a huge variety of game genres and platforms. Play the most tactical FPS in Rainbow 6 Siege on your PC or jump into a mass multiplayer playground in Rider’s Republic on your next generation console …. there is no limit with Anvil!
In the Anvil team we strongly believe in empowering our developers and enabling them to build the most innovative, amazing-looking and enriching game experiences. If you join us you will be working in close collaboration with multiple production teams and help us create a cutting-edge production pipeline featuring powerful core services and easy-to-use tools. Fancy joining the Anvil community?
What you'll do
The Graphic Designer uses Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to captivate the user's attention, deliver impactful experiences and enhance our brand image. Knowledgeable in design, layout, typography, and colors is a must. The designer is assigned to graphic design effort, including packaging, and marketing toolkits.
You urge to learn from your peers, talented art directors, and on your own. You understand that branding, graphics, typography, illustrations are key to excellent user experience. You take direction and critic with an open mind and professional composure. You are responsible to update your leads on a regular basis.
- Establish a graphic chart and put it in place
- Enhance the Anvil brand visual identity (guidelines, icons, etc)
- Generate art assets, design toolkit materials for 1st party online use and brand marketing (web site, newsletter, etc)
- Create assets for social media
- Create short motion design video
- Create communication assets for the Anvil brand (wish cards, goodies, etc)
- Manage corporate assets (our games key-arts etc)
- Work autonomously on assigned projects with oversight from the art director
- Implement feedback received from our marketing partners and other internal groups
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What you bring
- AEC, DEC or BAC in graphic design or any other equivalent training
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in graphic design
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a digital marketing, subscription or e-commerce environment
- Ability to work in a PC environment
- Proficiency in layout design, composition, colors and attention to details
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Required)
- Skillset in print, digital, posters, event materials, digital ads, social.
- Knowledge of current trends in graphic design
- Sense of organization, autonomy, and ethics of proactive work
- Attention to detail and adherence to defined brand guidelines
- Artistic judgment
- Understand the value of collaboration, design process, and tight deadlines.
- Result oriented and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change
- Bilingual French and English
- Knowledge of Outlook and Power Point
- Knowledge of video games (a plus)
- Knowledge of 3D (a plus)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.