Gameplay Programmer [Mario + Rabbids]
Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Gameplay Programmer who will be involved in the development of gameplay elements, collaborating closely with game designers and other departments to define and improve features and interactions between player and game.
- Work within an international team to create AAA game;
- Translate the game design into concrete gameplay features;
- Analyze and understand the game design requests in order to define the needed features and game Systems that must be developed in the engine;
- Establish the technical feasibility of the different gameplay features, make estimations, understand Technical constrains;
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the Existing code;
- Implement and optimize the interaction controls and systems with game designers to ensure fluid playability;
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a gameplay idea;
- Work with QC team to analyze and fix gameplay bugs in the most reliable way possible.
- Experience in programming;
- Knowledge of OOP, in particular C++;
- ability to write clear and well-structured C++ code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements;
- Ability to optimize and debug;
- Knowledge of game development related topics such as AI, animations, 3d math;
- Knowledge of multithreading and parallel programming;
- Knowledge of Network programming and online game development topics;
- Ability to work on other people’s code and to write code that is easy for other people to work on;
- Ability to fix bugs flagged by Quality Control and team members;
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games;
- Written and spoken english.
As a plus:
- Previous experience as a Programmer in the video game industry;
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We value and celebrate the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities and other legally protected individuals to apply.
In order to consider your application, please send us your resume.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.