Gameplay Programmer (Creation Next Gen Console)
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre from instant games to Creation AAA next Gen - first to be proudly "made in Vietnam".
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
We are looking for talents to work on Creation AAA Next Gen projects for Ubisoft Danang Studio. You will work closely with technical director and other programmers, as well as with other disciplines to fully create the prototypes and enhance the innovate gameplay features.
- Be involved with rapid prototyping of new gameplay features
- Implement game features according to design spec in close partnership with the content team of the project
- Create, debug, maintain, and optimize the game’s engine, editor, and related tools used for the game’s development.
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools, and toolchain as a whole
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- Create designer-facing workflow to facilitate rapid iteration
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
- 3+ years professional experience in game development focused on gameplay
- Prefer hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting, animation trees, creating plug-ins a plus)
- Solid knowledge of C# and its related structures, design patterns and methodologies
- A strong “mental toolbox” of techniques, tricks and methods for achieving different types of gameplay mechanics.
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Experience with Photon or other long-connection real-time multiplayer technologies (such as Websockets/Socket.io) a plus
- Some understanding of 3D math (matrices, vectors, quaternions)
- Able and interested to work a “rapid iteration” development environment
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS4, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits