Gameplay Animator (F/M/NB)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 300 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
Here is an opportunity to join a stimulating, international, ambitious but friendly studio and work on our new, unannounced PVP Game!
As a Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Bordeaux, you will be responsible for the creation of high quality, responsive animation content. We are looking for talented animators who have a passion for in-game Character Animation, love to play games and who want to push their skills in a young and dynamic studio environment…
- Create high-quality, responsive, and believable Character Animations
- Work hand in hand with the Leads and Art Director to define and deliver the Animation style(s) needed for the given project
- Work closely with animators and programmers to devise, implement, and debug animation systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Collaborate with the Animation, Code and Design teams, to achieve the perfect balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness
- Contribute to the set-up and maintenance of the animation pipeline and be proactive with its improvement.
- Take part in regular review and feedback sessions – be proactive and solution orientated.
- Experience using a major animation package (eg. Maya, Motionbuilder, 3DSMax)
- Solid Keyframe Animation experience/ability.
- Experienced in commercial game engines (Unreal)
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with a passion for video games and animation.
- Ability to debug and develop animation systems, including blend trees and state machines.
- Great understanding of anatomy and human body mechanics.
- Proven application of the 12 principles of Animation (squash n stretch, exaggeration, timing etc…)
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and positive when faced with technical problems challenges throughout production.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Animation/Art Degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding Demo Reel
- Games Industry experience (At least 1 shipped title)
- Worked in - or has a passion for PVP games
- Knowledge of Unreal/Unity
- Experience in handling Motion Capture Data
- Basic knowledge of Rigging and Skinning
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.