Game Tools Programmer (C#, C++)
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games
Your main mission
As a Game Tools Programmer, you will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that develop the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
- You work closely with other programmers, artists and designers, which gives you a deep understanding of the real needs behind their requests
- Your problem-solving skills and your ingenuity allow you to find the most appropriate solutions
- You collaborate with your fellow programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs that arise
- You compile and understand IT development needs and assess their feasibility
- You analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced
- You document the work so that others could understand how to use the new systems and functions
What you’ll bring as experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C# (WPF) and C++
What You'll Bring As a Colleague:
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy and curiosity
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.