Lead Game Economy Designer
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR JOURNEY
Under the supervision of the Game Director, the Lead Game Economic Designer will be responsible for managing all economic aspects of the game design. He/she controls the virtual economy (how the player wins and spends virtual money in the game) and designs game features that compel, engage players on the long term and provide monetization opportunities. He/she will identify and develop the motivation drivers in the game economy context and provide data-driven recommendation on design.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The main and routine tasks of the senior economic designer are to:
- Design, prototype and support the economic systems to drive players to invest in the game’s economy (in- game as well as across multiple platforms and on-line services)
- Model, tune and manage complex game systems & mechanics (rewards, features) to engage players & fulfill their needs
- Understand the player’s key motivation levers (progression, reward, social)
Economics and statistics
- Use strong knowledge in macro and behavioral economics (game theory, sociology…) to create the in-game economy and its money life cycle (production, sinks, inflation)
- Define the virtual products (relation, life cycle, streams of availability)
- Work closely with the data analyst to design the metrics system to ensure the data collection triggering economy adjustments and tuning
- Work closely with the monetization manager to provide for monetization opportunities
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Specialization / experience in game design
- Strong knowledge in economics
- In-depth knowledge and experience with online games
- Strong passion for gaming (RPG, MMORPG) and keen grasp of associated systems (crafting, auction house, statistics)
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborate and communicate constructively in a friendly work environment
- Seek improvement constantly (take initiatives, challenge himself)
- Act with the consumer and the market in mind (keep himself informed of current events in the sector, analyze strengths and weaknesses of both his game and competitors’ games)
- Be creative
- Good knowledge of motivation drivers, learning theories, and usability.
- Good knowledge of quantitative data
- Good understanding of players' psychology
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.