Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.
As a Game Designer, you will be responsible for developing game systems, features, and interfaces (as well as other interactive elements of the project), in order to bring the vision of the Lead Designer/Creative Director into a quality playable experience.
- Takes ownership in the design of core mechanics, controls, and camera dynamics, as well as the planning for how they should be used in-game
- Works directly with Programming, Art, and Data teams to drive development of individually owned features
- Designs and helps implement game systems and level content that answer the needs of the Producer for the targeted player experiences
- Takes ownership of system documentation and communication to the entire Production team. Keeps all relevant documentation maintained for future reference
- Involved in the creation of prototypes, adjusting and validating systems prior to starting production. Assesses the success of prototypes by measuring how objectives are met, using relevant quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques
- Adjusts the balance and implementation of Game Systems to allow for a player experience that aligns with vision of the Lead Designer / Creative Director
- Involved in the design of development tools required to implement and adjust game systems in collaboration with the Programming Team
- Performs other tasks, as required
- A College Degree/Diploma in Game Design, Game Production or any other applicable educational or work-related experience
- A minimum of one (1) shipped title, ideally mobile
- 1-3 years experience working within the games industry
- A strength for managing priorities, solving problems, and meeting deadlines while maintaining a positive outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a cross-discipline collaboration
- Genuine interest and passion for games, especially F2P mobile gaming
- Experience working within a Live Operated game
- Hands-on experience working with Unity
- Experience with Confluence and / or JIRA workflows
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Hybrid Work
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team building and collaboration!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.