Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2015-16 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,394 million.
About Ubisoft Shanghai:
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games. If you are passionate by video game, highly skilled and committed to deliver top notch quality content, join our team of talents!
What you will do:
- Continuously review our games and make sure they meet the western market
- Improve the current design and coming up with solutions to fulfill requirements if necessary
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay experiences after the modification to ensure the game still keeps high quality and in the original direction
- Prototyping and designing gameplay and features for the western market
- Working with artists and programmers to facilitate development and iteration of features
- Respond to feedback, analytics, and test results in a constructive manner with logical and reasoned suggestions/solutions to improve on designs
- Create and maintain living documentation for all game aspects
- Research and remain current on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics
What you should be equipped with:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in design
- Familiar with production and operation of mobile game
- Experience of designing systems to meet the Western market
- Ability to accept critique, willingness to listen, excellent critical sense
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
Ideal Candidates Have:
- An understanding of current popular mobile games
- Experience of working on projects aiming for the western market
- Experience with various game editors
- Dream big, but understand the limitations and work within them
- An understanding of usability principles
- An understanding of the dynamics of online communities and social media
- Fluent English skills (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of different game genres
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.