Full-Stack Web Developer (Technology Group)
As a Full-Stack Web Developer within Ubi MTL's Technology Group (TG), you'll help build on an essential tool for designing open worlds.
The tool in question is Atlas, a collaborative cartographic system with a web interface, created internally by the TG. It's a product that's been used to design the open worlds of many of our games to date, including Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon, and Watch_Dogs, among others.
Atlas allows game and level designers across the company to bring their design intentions to life by producing and sharing geolocated content on game maps.
You’ll join the developers working on improving Atlas and participate in the tool’s entire life cycle; from creating interfaces to finding solutions to complex scalability problems, processing high volumes of data through distributed APIs, and more.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain the front-end and back-end of Atlas.
- Gather and assess the needs of product managers + participate in creating new features for Atlas.
- Verify that newly developed systems are aligned with project intentions and don't create any inconsistencies with already existing code + optimize when need be.
- Find and fix identified bugs.
- Write and maintain documentation that will serve as a reference and allow designers to understand and use new systems and functionalities.
- Come up with solutions to continuously improve our development processes.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technologies, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of web programming experience or other relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of back-end components (REST APIs, caching) and front-end development (http, cookies, headers)
- An understanding of SQL and MongoDB databases
- Familiarity with Git/GitLab Source Control Management software & Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative spirit & user-focused mindset
- Flexibility to adapt to changes + attention to quality that motivates you to ask questions, carry out unit tests, etc.
- Resourcefulness + the ability to take initiative and solve problems with innovative solutions
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
About the Technology Group (TG)
The TG provides tools and middleware tailored to our production needs. From front-end to back-end services, our projects are diverse but share a common goal: improve the efficiency of our gaming pipelines and the quality of our games. In a collaborative and innovative environment, we explore ideas, test concepts, and try new technology to find solutions that help developers deliver the best player experiences possible.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.