Frontend Web Developer [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Joining Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly. .
Martin Lavoie (Online Technology Director): "Ubisoft Connect is unique in the industry, as it is the only cross-game, cross-platform destination for players to access everything about their games, and to socialize, share, and contribute. We see it as a next-generation gaming and community ecosystem that removes barriers between devices to let you play your Ubisoft games, whether on PC, console, mobile, or a streaming service."
As our new Frontend Web Developer you’ll help implement the latest features in our React web applications and our React Native mobile application.
Because we use GraphQL for the app’s data and state management needs, your tasks will range from front-end based UI development and debugging to building and maintaining the GraphQL server itself.
- You’ll liaise with our game designers and UX designers to deliver the best experience to our users
- Collaborating with our in-house testing team to shake out any bugs.
- You’ll research and suggest new approaches as tech problems pop up and stay on the lookout for ways to improve our methods.
- you’ll support and coach other team members as needed, including those in different time zones (we are a multinational team, after all!).
A typical day:
We use agile methodology, so you’ll kick-off a typical day with a quick team discussion to outline goals and check up on everyone’s progress.
Given that we’re a multinational team, we make use of plenty of tools to stay in touch and organize our time to meet at reasonable times. Once everyone is up to speed, the devs get to work on their assignments.
Then, it’ll all depend on the day. Sometimes there’ll be pair programming or an in-depth thread about how to approach a problem. (Often, there’ll be a strategically placed cat meme.) Most of the time, though, you’ll work closely with your colleagues to fix and build – because, well, that’s what we do
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Experience building mobile web apps, preferably with React Native
- Experience with RESTful API consumption, caching, and error handling
- Experience with Git, pull requests, and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with GraphQL (or a strong willingness to learn)
- A passion for clean architecture and future-proof code + a desire to stay up to date in web tech
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
Nice to have:
- Experience with a client state manager, like Apollo Client
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Jest
- Experience with profiling and optimizing your creations
- Experience with native mobile development (either native projects or writing plugins for React Native)
What We Bring
We offer the chance to work on a massive platform that supports millions of users and is created by new technologies.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare