(Closed) Esports Manager
Who we are
The Esports team leads Ubisoft’s competitive gaming strategy internally and develops programs that inspire and engage our players. Our goal is to create a competitive environment where, in and out of game, we are able connect meaningful experiences alongside increasing acquisition and retention of our players and fans. We are also charged with educating and informing internal business and production teams about esports programs, ecosystems, and best practices; we are subject matter experts and advocates of esports, starting with grassroots player foundations, all the way up to the pinnacle of competition and broadcast production.
What you’ll do
The Esports Manager is a key member of the Esports team and takes part in developing, implementing, executing and reporting on our competitive programs and tactics. This role works closely with internal cross-functional business teams, brand, PR, development/studio and marketing teams as well as our external partners and vendors to ensure the success of our programs. Your focus will be on content and audience engagement strategies, and you will be expected to both innovate and entertain our players and viewers. You will also be a part of a team to execute on world-class on and offline events, as well as partner with Ubisoft’s brand and community teams on program marketing and supporting fan growth and activity.
- Lead Ubisoft Esports’ content and social engagement strategy across our portfolio of titles, including Rainbow Six Siege.
- Develop a comprehensive content strategy for Ubisoft Esports and work with external partners and internal stakeholders to oversee quality execution.
- Become a key liaison for Ubisoft’s community of professional players and team organizations.
- Lead and execute world-class esports events and productions for offline events and programs.
- Track and report esports and business KPIs for your respective programs.
- Manage and facilitate sponsorship campaigns in partnership with internal teams.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
What you bring
An Esports Manager is passionate, energetic, and engaging person that understands competitive gaming ecosystems and what makes those communities tick. You are meticulously organized and amazing at project management; your skills at moving multiple tasks to completion are legendary. As an influential people-person, your interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and inspire others are second nature. Last but not least, you are constantly thinking of new ways to engage and entertain through curation and editorial strategies.
- Be a motivated, self-starter with 3-5 years experience in esports, editorial, entertainment or traditional sports programs
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Have a deep comprehension of the various components that make up an esports program and be conversationally adept in them, including business management, brand management, software and application development, game design, event management, content development, competitive structure and rulesets, player and team management and broadcast production
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage or improve our programs
- Demonstrate a track record of defining strategies in esports, entertainment or traditional sports industries
- Extensive gaming experience across multiple platforms and genres
- Ability for moderate to frequent travel, including international destinations
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.