Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Berlin is home to nearly 150 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
What you will do:
- Create high-quality AAA Environments including props on basis of concept art and reference imagery.
- Environmental storytelling through the set dressing, and composition.
- Ensure a productive and efficient workflow for the Level Art team through excellent internal and external communication.
- Close collaborate with the Art Director, Leads and Producers, to ensure the team works within the game’s visual style.
- Establish a prospering art culture within the team, to strive for exceptional quality.
- Push the visual and technical quality of the project to the next level.
- Ensure that you meet the expected artistic and technical quality standards.
- Craft high-quality models, textures, and materials for props for the environment.
- Block out assets/creating a base for final asset creation.
- Work with level designers to bring a blocked-out space to life.
- Work closely with the Concept Art and Level Design Teams, to ensure that you deliver content that matches their needs.
- Interact with Jira, or other similar project management tools, to ensure the timely delivery of assets through a defined pipeline.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Prop Artist in game development.
- Proven experience on a least one shipped title.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional understanding of current asset creation workflows and working in Game Engine.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to anticipate problems and find solutions fast.
- Expert skills in at least one 3D software package (Maya / Max / Blender), in addition to Zbrush.
- Strong Understanding of architecture, lighting, composition, and design.
- Advanced knowledge of Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Full understanding of low poly / high poly baking and texturing pipeline for Props.
- Being able to adapt to a specific art style.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- Experience in working with Ubisoft proprietary game engine.
- Experience in working with stylized art.
- Working knowledge of Substance Designer.
- Finally, passion for video games and the gaming industry.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying (only for art roles etc.)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English And German Classes For Free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply.